Published on Dec 24, 2012
Human Rights Watch identified 27 detention centres that it says intelligence agencies have been using since President Bashar al-Assad’s government began a crackdown in March 2011 on pro-democracy protesters trying to oust him.
Syria Assad regime torture methods in the detention center:
1) Dulab – the victim is forced to bend at the waist and stick his head, neck, legs and sometimes arms into the inside of a car tire.
2) Beaten with objects – cables, whips, sticks, batons and pipes.
3) Shabeh – hanging the victim from the ceiling by the wrists.
4) Basat al-reeh– tying the victim down to a flat board with the head suspended in the air so the victim cannot defend himself.
5) Electrocution – was also used on those being held in the 27 torture centres.
6) Falaqa – beating the detainee with sticks, batons, or whips on the soles of the feet.
Syria Bashar al-Assad regime loyal forces Torture Prisoners to Death [Warning: Extremely Graphic]
Their bodies were later found on the outskirts of Al-Tell, in the Damascus Suburbs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJq7qMFgLKk
First video was Published on Sep 24, 2012
This footage, originally filmed by soldiers loyal to Bashar al-Assad, was leaked to Syrian democracy activists who uploaded it on September 23. It depicts a group of men taken prisoner by the Syrian Army in August 2012. Bleeding profusely, they are subjected to extreme physical abuse, beating and whipping.
Their bodies were later found on the outskirts of Al-Tell, in the Damascus Suburbs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJq7q…
We took their fingernails out with pliers and we made them eat them. We made them suck their own blood off the floor’: Grisly accounts from inside Syria’s ’27 torture centres