Pyongyang’s Hunger Games: North Korea’s use of foreign aid to maintain its hunger policies and regime-survival and control.
INTERNATIONAL AID. “We stand before a huge ethical dilemma: Is it possible – and, if so, to what extent – to help starving North Koreans, whose fates depend on us a great deal more than on their government, if at the same time we are forever deceived and systematically blackmailed? An army armed with weapons of mass destruction is, to be sure, a permanent threat to the whole region.
Total humanitarian assistance to North Korea from 1996 to 2005 peaked in 2001 and totaled over $2.43 billion, not including informal aid and aid from China. From 1995 to 2003, formal assistance to North Korea from the U.S. alone reached over $1 billion.
ISIS is now beheading children and crucifying youths in their genocidal war against Christians, Yazidis, and whomever else is standing in the way of the caliphate.
A Christian Holocaust is in our midst. We are actually calling this a Christian genocide… Day by day, it is getting worse and worse. More children are being beheaded. Mothers are being raped and killed. Fathers are being hung. Right now, 300,000 Christians are fleeing Iraq and living in neighboring cities.
What, if anything, should be done to stop ISIS from committing genocide?
Islamic State, formerly known as ISIS or ISIL, holds executions, amputations and lashings in public squares on Fridays in the areas of the country that it controls, the report said, and urges civilians, including children, to watch.
Gains by the extremist groups as well as a large influx of foreign fighters have contributed to the increasing in violence, the report said.
“Hundreds of civilians are dying each day as the fighting goes on with no regard to law or to conscience,” said Paulo Pinheiro, the head of the commission, which was established in 2011 by the U.N. Human Rights Council to investigate violations of international human rights law.
SIS “mass atrocities” and war crimes:
Sectarian Violence | Mass Execution | Suicide Bombing | Beheading | Christian Genocide | Crucifixions |Kidnapping | Burying People Alive | Sexual Assault: Vicious Rape and Murder of Women and Children | Murder of everyone and anyone not a Muslim | Amputations | Public Executions and Whippings…..
* More than 5.5 million Syrian youth have been deprived of schools, food, medical attention, or a safe community to grow up in.
* As of January 2014, more than 10,000 children had lost their lives to Syria’s violence.
* The number of children affected by the crisis has skyrocketed from 1.8 million to more than 5.5 million.
* The number of children displaced inside Syria has more than tripled, from 920,000 to nearly 3 million.
* At least 8,000 children have fled to Syria’s borders without their parents
* One in 10 children — over 1.2 million — has fled Syria, becoming refugees abroad.
* Many Syrian children are in pure ‘survival mode”.
* One in 10 refugee children is believed to be working, doing odd jobs on farms, cafes or car repair shops, or collecting money by begging on the streets.
The International Community failure to act had cost “hundreds and thousands of lives! The exact figure of confirmed deaths is 191,369, 85 per cent of whom were men and 9 per cent were women. The sex in the remainder of cases were unknown.
At least 8,800 of the victims were confirmed as children, although the age of most victims is unknown.